Thousands Have Lived Without
Love, Not One Without Water
– H. Auden
Effective Date: November 30, 2019
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information via the Sites, sign up for email subscriptions, participate in surveys, access various content or features, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, and telephone number; and
- Demographic information, such as industry.
Such information, if collected, will be voluntarily provided by you through the Sites or through such other third party service providers as we may utilize in the future.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Sites, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Sites;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Sites;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, Local Shared Objects (as defined below), and other similar technologies; and
- Standard Server Log Information (as defined below).
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect through the Sites for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about products, services, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- Send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties;
- Provide, maintain, administer, or expand the Sites, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Sites, and other products and services we offer;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Sites;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent, or otherwise in the Terms of Service.
We may use your non-personal information (including personal information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) for any reason at our sole discretion.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers and subcontractors that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Sites, provide services, manage databases, perform analyses, develop our Sites, or send communications for us).
- Licensees and Their Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your information with our owners and licensees or any of our/their affiliates.
- Third Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: We may use third parties to serve advertisements on the Sites. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users’ online activities over time and across different websites and/or apps. You may opt out by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
- Non-personal Information: We may share non-personal information (including personal information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated), such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors, or other third parties for any reason at our sole discretion.
We may also allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, pixel tags, Local Shared Objects, and similar technologies to collect information through the Sites. For example, our third party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have adopted reasonable and appropriate security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Sites and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information during transmission, for example, across the Internet.
Access to the Sites is limited to residents of the U.S. age of sixteen (16) or over, and certain parts of the Sites, such as our mailing list are limited to U.S. residents age eighteen (18) and over. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from persons under the age of sixteen (16). If we are made aware we have collected personal information from a child under sixteen (16) years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
You may receive promotional emails, newsletters, and similar communications from us. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial emails you receive or, if such functionality is enabled in the Sites, by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that opt-out requests may take some time to be effective. Your opt-out will not apply to messages that you specifically request or messages that are not commercial in nature.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Attention: General Counsel
100 Smith Ranch Road, Suite 120 San Rafael, CA, 94903